Frequently asked Questions
How do I Register on the Orient BlackSwan website https://www.universitiespress.com?
- Click on the register button on the login page or type the following URL in your browser: https://www.universitiespress.com/reg
- Provide your name, email ID and password, and click on Create Account to create an account.
How can I order a book or other product from https://www.universitiespress.com?
- Search on www.universitiespress.com for the title you would like to buy.
- Click on the Add to Cart button on the page that provides details about the book you wish to order.
You will then automatically redirected to Shipping country selection page (if you have not selected shipping country).
- If you have not selected the country to which you want the book to be sent, you will be redirected to a page on which you will need
to select the country (“the shipping country selection page”).
- Please select the Shipping country from the dropdown menu and click on the Submit button. The book/product will be added to your cart.
- To continue shopping, click on the Continue Shopping button.
- Change the quantity of the items already added to the cart and click on the Recalculate button to recalculate the cost.
- Click on the Pay Now button to proceed to make the payment.
- If you are not logged in, you will be redirected to the login page.
- You may login as a Guest by providing an email address, if you wish to skip registration process. Or you may login as a Customer
(if you are already a registered user) by logging in with the registered email ID and password. You may also create an account by clicking on the Register link on the login page.
- Provide Billing and Shipping details and click on the Save & Continue button.
- Click on the Checkout button. You will be redirected to the Payment details page.
- Please provide the required payment details and click on Make Payment.
- After successful payment, the order details will be sent to your email ID from Orient BlackSwan.
- The Bookpoint (India) Private Limited will service the order.
How can I protect myself when I make online transactions?
- Always shop or make payments through trusted / reputed websites and bookmark those sites if you use them regularly.
- Ensure that the URL of the website is correct by verifying it in the address bar of your computer browser.
- Do not click on links in emails or on referral websites to visit the online shopping sites. Always type the URL in the address bar of the browser to visit the website.
- Do not enter your confidential account information such as your Credit Card Number, Date of Expiry, CVV number, etc., on any pop-up windows.
- 5. If you are required to provide your Credit Card Number, Date of Expiry, PIN, CVV number etc in order to make a payment, check for the PADLOCK symbol on the webpage. This is the padlock
- If you are a frequent online shopper, signup for the Verify by Visa and Master Card secure code program.
- Make a note of the transaction IDs for future reference incase of dispute.
- Check your account statements regularly and immediately bring any fraudulent transaction to the notice of your bank.
- Do not respond to emails seeking your confidential account information that try to lure you with offers, jobs or prizes etc.
Do I pay any shipping charges?
Yes. Shipping charges vary depending on the country to which the item purchased is to be sent.
Click here to view Shipping charges for each country.
What are the Payment methods available?
200+ payment methods are available. Some options are: Credit Cards, Net Banking, Debit Cards, Prepaid instruments(Wallets), UPI and Bank EMI. For the complete list of payment
please click here for a complete list of payments options available.
How long will it take for me to receive my order?
- Within India – Seven to twelve working days after payment has been received
- Rest of the World – Fifteen to twenty working days after payment has been received.
Note: You may be subject to import duties and taxes on certain items, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Additional charges
for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country.
Additionally, when ordering from www.universitiespress.com you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and
regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods.
How do I know the status of my order?
You can contact our Customer Service Executives at email@example.com. They will let
you know the status of your order.
How do I track my order?
When books are dispatched, the AWB number and the URL of the courier company through the books have been sent will be e-mailed to you. You can use this
information to track your shipment.
How can I return books?
Our replacement policy covers only those books which are damaged in transit. In such cases, either another copy of the book, if available, will be sent to you or a refund of the
amount charged minus the handling charges (10%) will be made. The request for replacement of damaged books must reach us within 15 days of delivery, after which the request will
not be entertained.
How can I cancel an order?
You can cancel an order at any time before the books/products are despatched by us. To cancel an order, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the
order number and with the subject, “Cancellation”. The order cannot be cancelled after the books have been despatched. If we are unable to service your order for any reason,
the amount charged (inclusive of shipping charges, if any) will be refunded to you.
How can I get a refund if an order is cancelled or the books/products are not supplied?
In case, we are unable for any reason, to ship the books/products to you, we will refund the amount paid using the original mode of payment you used.